Debuts are sentimental occasions. Now that your daughter is coming of age and entering into adulthood, it may feel like time swiftly passed you by. The rebellious adolescent stage is now finally coming to an end, and she is evolving into a responsible adult right before your eyes. 18th birthday celebrations call for creativity with the right balance of luxury and practicality. Since it is at this age that your daughter also goes to college, you have to find the balance between doing something special for her birthday and preparing for her educational costs. If you are in need of birthday gift ideas, a number of them can be found on the internet.
Here are some great examples of 18th birthday gifts you can give your daughter to celebrate her special day.
- Clothes – Usually, 18th birthdays are celebrated with a night out with friends. It is expected that being the celebrant, your daughter would want to look their best. Taking her shopping to choose the dress she will wear is a wonderful birthday gift idea for her. Help her transform from an awkward teenager to an elegant young lady ready to take on the world. She could also be soon transferring into a new state so a new wardrobe could be valuable and is an excellent 18th birthday gift.
- Fashion accessories – Now that your daughter is developing into an adult, she may be very conscious about “looking all grown up.” She may no longer fancy her headbands and candy-colored totes. One of the perfect 18th birthday gift ideas is to give her timeless and classic pieces of accessory that marks her transition into womanhood. Leather handbags and designer scarves or shoes will surely please her.
- Jewelry – When your daughter reaches 18, she may decide to modify her lifestyle, including her choice of jewelry. Dangling earrings and chunky neon bracelets may not be to her liking anymore. Personalized jewelries are one of the best birthday gift ideas for women. A classic pair of diamond earrings that can go with any outfit or a ring with her birth month’s gemstone will surely make her happy. A bracelet engraved with her name and a necklace pendant are also good 18th birthday gift ideas.
- Make-up and perfume – A designer bottle of perfume or make-up is a unique birthday gift. A make-up set from a luxurious brand is a wonderful birthday gift idea for your girlfriend. You can put together a kit consisting of basic make-up essentials and include a bottle of perfume in the bag. For a girl transitioning into a lady, she would surely want to look good and smell good.
- Her own car – If money is not a problem, one of the best 18th birthday gifts would be surprising the debutant with her own car on her birthday. To make the gift sweeter, have the car fitted with the latest accessories that will benefit the celebrant’s lifestyle.
- A decadent family dinner – Girls are known for being sentimental and truly valuing family. If you are looking for birthday gifts for her, why not invite the entire family to a sumptuous dinner at her preferred restaurant? Ask her favorite cousins and relatives to come over and celebrate her birthday. Arrange for the restaurant staff to bring her a cake and sing her a birthday song. With the popularity of mob dance these days, you can organize one for her, too, to make the night more memorable. The celebration would surely be treasured in her heart.
- Loosen up on parental control – Probably one of the superlative 18th birthday gifts that you can give your daughter is independence. If she has been bugging you about going on a foreign trip or attending a party out of town, now is the best time to allow them. Your daughter needs to experience being on her own so she can learn to be responsible for her actions. If parents raise their children with the correct values and trust them to do the right thing, they surely will.
- A personalized birthday poem – A poem especially dedicated to her birthday is a sweet 18th birthday gift for girls. Your daughter may not be as confident as she should be when entering adulthood, especially when people expect her to be independent. Let her know that you still have her back with a thoughtful poem you can write personally or by a professional poet. Frame the poem together with her photo and you have an excellent 18th birthday gift.
- Electronic gadgets – We typically want to give extravagant 18th birthday gifts to the celebrant. If she is the techie type, giving the latest iPad or laptop can make her squeal in delight. Encourage the celebrant’s creativity by giving her gadgets that can improve her artistic skills like digital cameras or tablets that have features which would help her hone her talent.
- A personalized journal – If the debutant is a passionate writer, you can give her a journal where she can pour her thoughts and ideas into. This is a thoughtful 18th birthday gift idea for daughters. You can buy journals that are bound in leather or velvet and have it embossed with her name. Compile her friends’ messages and greetings, including yours, in the journal. This will be her memory bank as she journeys into adulthood.
Your daughter will only be 18 once so make sure to be creative when choosing her 18th birthday gifts. Give something significant that she will remember even when she’s old and way beyond her early adult years.