For Christians, the sacrament of baptism is of significant importance. It is a ceremony that signifies the official entrance of the person into Christianity and usually involves water. In Christianity, baptism rids us of original sin by receiving the lord in our life. It is commonly done during the few months after birth so the chances are we cannot remember it. Like all special occasions, we also give baptism gifts during this celebration. This is an important gift because it will serve as a person’s remembrance on that day since he is too young to remember it. A gift can mean a big difference. You just have to choose the right baptismal gifts from the multiple options available. Here are some examples:
- A “my first rosary and crucifix set” – A rosary is one of the traditional baptism gifts. For Catholics, this is a symbol of faith and prayer. Rosary beads are considered holy by all Catholics and would make a memorable baptism gifts from godparents. You can start exposing your godchild to the Catholic faith at an early age by giving them a rosary. This set comes beautifully wrapped in a box so is therefore handy to give.
- Religious relic nightlights – Nightlights also are great baptism gifts. For little children, it provides a sense of security during the night. A “Jesus Loves Me” nightlight would be nice baptism gifts. These are thoughtful and practical and can either be blue or yellow, depending on the gender of the baby. It would help children get used to God and Jesus.
- Guardian angel cross – Guardian angels are celestial beings believed to protect a person. They are part of the Christian faith and are believed to be protectors of children. Although guardian angel crosses as baptism gifts cannot be easily appreciated by kids, it is something they can look to for security. Buy a cross that can be mounted on the wall so the child can easily see it. Crosses are made of high-quality material so it one of the best baptism gifts.
- Crib medals – Crib medals are also thoughtful baptism gifts from godmothers. They come in different shapes and colors and have different writings to so they make for sweet personalized baptism gift. Different designs that are fit for a girl or a boy are available so it wouldn’t be difficult to find one for your godchild. If the baby outgrows the crib, they can use the medal as a keepsake for their baptism.
- Picture frames – A picture frame will protect the photos of that special day while on display. This is a cool idea if you are on a tight budget for your baptism gifts but still want to give something significant. Frames are made from varieties of material and you will certainly find something that’s well within your budget. They also come in different shapes and sizes and as baptism gifts from grandparents, they will be treasured by your grandchild forever.
- Infant bracelet – handmade bracelets with religious trinkets are also good baptism gift ideas. It will serve as an accessory and a keepsake in one. You can shop online or go to your local jewelry store to find a bracelet that will fit your godchild. Infant bracelets are notable baptism gifts for girls.
- Baptism pendants – Baptism pendants and medals vary in shapes and sizes and are also ideal baptism gifts. There are those that are engraved with a picture of a kneeling boy or girl in prayer. There are also jewelry stores that can engrave your godchild’s name on the medal.